Tag Archive

Erin provides drilling operations update

Erin provides drilling operations update

June 22, 2017 No Comments

Erin Energy Corporation (“Erin Energy”) (NYSE MKT:ERN) (JSE:ERN) provided an update on its drilling operations that are expected to double production for the Company, as well as updated its plans for drilling one of its prime exploration prospects. Erin Energy currently produces approximately 6,000 barrels of oil per day (BOPD). Drilling operations for the Oyo-9 […]

DEA wins its first exploration licence in Mexico

DEA wins its first exploration licence in Mexico

June 21, 2017 No Comments

On 19 June 2017, DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG was awarded shallow water Block 2 in consortium with Pemex by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH) as part of the competitive bid round 2.1. DEA holds a 30% share, with Pemex holding the remaining 70% as operator. Block 2 comprises 549 sq. km and is located in […]

Eni awarded 3 new Exploration & Production blocks

Eni awarded 3 new Exploration & Production blocks

June 20, 2017 No Comments

Eni has been granted 3 of 10 offshore blocks awarded by Mexico’s National Hydrocarbon Commission (CNH) in the Sureste Basin, in the Gulf of Mexico. This result boosts Eni’s presence in a market that only opened up to foreign investments in 2014, in line with the country’s Energy Reform, and which has huge growth potential. […]

Nostra Terra Agrees to acquire a further 25% of East Ghazalat

Nostra Terra Agrees to acquire a further 25% of East Ghazalat

June 15, 2017 No Comments

Nostra Terra (AIM:NTOG), the oil and gas exploration and production company with a portfolio of assets in the USA and Egypt, announces that on 14 June 2017 it reached agreement with Echo Energy plc (“Echo”) to acquire Echo’s 50% stake in Independent Resources Egypt Limited (“IRE”) (“the Acquisition”). IRE owns a 50% non-operating interest in […]

Statoil announces revised exploration program in the Great Australian Bight

Statoil announces revised exploration program in the Great Australian Bight

June 8, 2017 No Comments

Statoil has signed a swap agreement with BP and has been granted regulatory approval to take over two exploration permits and extend its work program in the Great Australian Bight. The agreement between Statoil and BP covers four offshore petroleum titles: In offshore exploration permits EPP37 and EPP38 Statoil has transferred its 30% equity interest […]

2,550 km2 3D Seismic Survey Offshore Guyana, Options and RSU grant Approved

2,550 km2 3D Seismic Survey Offshore Guyana, Options and RSU grant Approved

June 8, 2017 No Comments

Eco (Atlantic) Oil & Gas Ltd. (“Eco Atlantic” or “Company”) (TSX-V:EOG, LSE:ECO) announced that Eco Atlantic and its Operating Partner, Tullow Oil (“Tullow”), have approved a circa 2,550 km2 seismic survey on the Company’s Orinduik Block offshore the Co-operative Republic of Guyana (“Orinduik”). The survey is anticipated to commence in the next two weeks. The […]

NNPC Assures of Support to Gas Flare Out Legislation

NNPC Assures of Support to Gas Flare Out Legislation

June 6, 2017 No Comments

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has said that it has put in place measures and facilities to curb gas flaring preparatory to the 2020 flare out deadline by the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR). NNPC Group Managing Director, Dr. Maikanti Baru, who was represented by the Managing Director of the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company […]

UKOG Commences Drilling at Exploration Well PEDL234 Licence, Weald Basin, UK

UKOG Commences Drilling at Exploration Well PEDL234 Licence, Weald Basin, UK

May 31, 2017 No Comments

UK Oil & Gas Investments PLC (London AIM and NEX: UKOG) announces that drilling operations on its 100% interest Broadford Bridge-1 (“BB-1”) Kimmeridge Limestone exploration well commenced on schedule at 1700 hrs on Monday 29 May. The well will test a mirror image geological look-alike to the Company’s Horse Hill oil discovery, which, as previously […]

Shell completes sale of its aviation business in Australia

Shell completes sale of its aviation business in Australia

May 31, 2017 No Comments

Following regulatory approval, Shell has completed the sale of its Australian aviation business (“Shell Aviation Australia Pty Ltd”) to Viva Energy Australia Pty Ltd (“Viva Energy”) for a total transaction value of approximately US$ 250 million, including working capital. This sale was announced on 19 December 2016. Viva Energy is the exclusive licensee of all […]

Total Expands Exploration Activities in Mauritania

Total Expands Exploration Activities in Mauritania

May 16, 2017 No Comments

Total and Mauritania have signed an exploration and production contract to perform exploration works on Block C7, which covers an area of 7,300 square kilometers. The Group will be the operator with a 90% interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) holding the remaining 10%. “This agreement is part of […]

Page 1 of 4412345»102030...Last »