Tag Archive

DEA Selects Cognite as Strategic Partner for Digital Transformation

DEA Selects Cognite as Strategic Partner for Digital Transformation

November 30, 2018 No Comments

DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG has selected Cognite AS to accelerate digital transformation and value creation by improved use of its existing industrial big data. This strategic partnership will support DEA’s bold plans for digital transformation. The project will start with deployment of the Cognite Data Platform on DEA’s own-operated Mittelplate asset in Germany. DEA aims […]

Women@DEA Summit in Hamburg

Women@DEA Summit in Hamburg

November 8, 2018 No Comments

Diversity and equal opportunities for all of employees is top priority at DEA. Employees from over 40 nations work at the exploration and production company operating internationally but headquartered in Hamburg, Germany. However, the female share of the total workforce at DEA is just above 25 per cent – which unfortunately is representative for an […]

Paul Smith to be appointed as CFO of Wintershall DEA

Paul Smith to be appointed as CFO of Wintershall DEA

November 6, 2018 No Comments

BASF and LetterOne today announce their agreement to appoint Paul Smith as future Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and member of the Management Board of Wintershall DEA. The appointment will take effect on closing of the merger of Wintershall and DEA, which is expected in the first half of 2019 and is still subject to customary […]

LetterOne and BASF to merge their oil and gas businesses to create Wintershall DEA

LetterOne and BASF to merge their oil and gas businesses to create Wintershall DEA

September 27, 2018 No Comments

LetterOne and BASF have today signed a Business Combination Agreement to merge their oil and gas businesses and create Wintershall DEA. Closing of the transaction is subject to customary regulatory approvals. Wintershall DEA will be the largest independent European exploration and production company, with activity in twelve countries across Europe, Latin America, North Africa and […]

DEA to invest over two billion Euros in Norwegian oil and gas business

DEA to invest over two billion Euros in Norwegian oil and gas business

August 28, 2018 No Comments

Norway is already the strongest production country in DEA’s global portfolio. Further growth projects are planned to come on stream from 2020 on. Most important project is the development of the own operated Dvalin gas field. DEA aims to double its current production on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS). “As part of our long-term growth […]

New General Manager for DEA Egypt

New General Manager for DEA Egypt

July 10, 2018 No Comments

DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG has named Sameh Sabry as the new General Manager of DEA Egypt. He will take over the responsibilities as of 1 August 2018. On the occasion of the handover, CEO Maria Moraeus Hanssen participated in the farewell reception for Thomas Radwitz who had been General Manager for nearly three years Sameh […]

Tags: , ,
Technology and innovation as key drivers for the future of oil and gas

Technology and innovation as key drivers for the future of oil and gas

June 11, 2018 No Comments

DEA at EAGE 2018 In Copenhagen, DEA is presenting applied technology highlights and its current global core projects at Europe’s most important technology event of the oil and gas industry, the 80th EAGE Conference and Exhibition. The global demand for energy is increasing and the energy mix is changing towards a less carbon intensive future. […]

Maria Moraeus Hanssen Named as new CEO of DEA

Maria Moraeus Hanssen Named as new CEO of DEA

January 4, 2018 No Comments

DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG announces that Maria Moraeus Hanssen has taken over as Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Management of DEA today. She succeeds Thomas Rappuhn, who hands over his office after 12 years in the Executive Board, thereof eight years as CEO of DEA. Maria Moraeus Hanssen has extensive experience […]

Tags: ,
DEA wins its first exploration licence in Mexico

DEA wins its first exploration licence in Mexico

June 21, 2017 No Comments

On 19 June 2017, DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG was awarded shallow water Block 2 in consortium with Pemex by the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH) as part of the competitive bid round 2.1. DEA holds a 30% share, with Pemex holding the remaining 70% as operator. Block 2 comprises 549 sq. km and is located in […]

DEA strengthens its position in the Njord Area

DEA strengthens its position in the Njord Area

December 23, 2016 No Comments

DEA strengthens the company’s position in Norway by acquiring participating interest in seven licences in the Njord area in the Norwegian Sea, including 20% increased interest in the Njord field, from Engie E&P Norge AS.  “All together the acquisition adds approximately 45 million barrels o.e (mmboe) in reserves and contingent resources to DEA. This acquisition […]

Page 1 of 212»